Monday 20 April 2009

Um - Just Say "Twat"

justsayno has made a rather remarkable assertion when it comes to measles:

I was born in 64 and am pretty sure I did't get any vacinnes until I was at least 12 months old. They weren't vaccinating for measles then - my brother (2 years older) caught it and had a complication - it may have slightly impaired his hearing on one side - but he is a professional musician so it wasn't significant.

So, a hearing impairment isn't significant? Especially not for a professional musician?

I have relatives who are professional musicians. I think they'd take exception to that. Obviously in justsayno's world, "musician" isn't a real occupation, and a permanent hearing defect, one that these days could be avoided, isn't a problem.

MORONS! MORONS!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What has happened to our old pal Cybertigger?

Becky said...

Fuck knows. I'm hoping he's suffocated himself in a bizarre auto-erotic asphyxiation scenario. That would boost the average IQ of the country by 0.0001 points.

Hangdog said...

Erm, not defending anybody here - but isn't it possible that sentence should be read as saying his brother had some hearing damage, but it can't have been too bad because he's a professional musician now?

Unknown said...

hang dog, yes it could be read that way.

which is still a way of saying "Look, measles is harmless."

Becky said...

@Hangdog: Yes - it can. However, it's still saying "A member of my family had measles, and was slightly permanently damaged - but I don't care."

The JABS crew are all too happy to ignore permanent disability when it comes to measles - and this example has just astounded me.